Perryville Site Update
Regretfully, after almost two years of providing exceptional dental care we will be closing our Perryville office located at 4863 Pulaski Highway, Suite 200 Perryville, MD 21903. As of February 28, 2019, we will no longer be able to provide dentistry services at this location. We are incredibly grateful for our community’s support and hope we will have the opportunity to continue serving you at our Conowingo and Havre de Grace locations.
While our mission to help underserved patients in our community remains our core focus, the unforeseen, increasing cost to maintain and operate such a large dental clinic has led to this incredibly difficult decision.
West Cecil Health Center will continue to provide dental services at our Conowingo, MD office located at 49 Rock Springs Road. Our Conowingo site is a part of our larger health center where we offer primary care, dentistry, behavioral health and pharmacy services. However, due to our smaller dental facility, we will not be able to accommodate the number and volume of patients previously served at our Perryville site. If you are in the process of completing an active dental procedure, we will make every effort to complete your care in Perryville prior to closing. After February 28, active dental procedure patients will be transferred to our Conowingo location.
We understand this is difficult news to receive. Please see below for more information and a list of resources. If you have questions, call our health center at 410-378-9696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can assist you during this transition. Please note, WCHC will not charge for transfer of dental records if you should choose to obtain treatment from another dental provider. The form to request your dental health records can be obtained in person, or downloaded by clicking here.
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
What does this mean for me, as a patient of WCHC Perryville office?
You will not be able to receive dental care at the Perryville location after February 28, 2019. You may qualify to receive dental care at WCHC’s Conowingo location if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are in the midst of an active dental procedure with WCHC.
- You are an established primary care patient utilizing our medical or behavioral health services.
- You are currently pregnant.
- You are a pediatric patient under the age of 18.
- You have a dental emergency.
When can I access care if I qualify?
Our Conowingo dental program will operate as follows:
- Mondays 7:40 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays 7:40 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 7:40 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 7:40 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays 7:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 7:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (2nd and 3rd Saturdays only)
Please note that hours are subject to change.
Will this impact my future appointments at WCHC Perryville Dental Clinic?
Yes, if you have appointments on March 1, 2019 or after, your appointment will need to be rescheduled to Conowingo, or it may require changing to a different dental provider. We will contact you to discuss your options.
If you have treatment PLANNED, but not started, WCHC will help transfer you to another provider. WCHC is giving priority to completing care for patients with cases in progress due to the limited capacity at our Conowingo location.
Where can I find other affordable dental services in the area?
If you have dental insurance coverage, please call the telephone number on your insurance card for other providers. Other regional dental service providers include:
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry – Baltimore, MD. For clinic locations, click here or call 410.706.7063.
- For Pennsylvania residents, please refer to the Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers – pachc.org or call 717.761.6443.
- For Maryland and Delaware residents, please refer to the Mid-Atlantic Association of Community Health Centers – machc.com or call 301.577.0097.