West Cecil Health Center receives approval on a $601,376 capital spending plan
Funding improves facilities and infrastructure to better serve patients in Cecil and Harford counties
(Conowingo, Md.) The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) approves a two-year spending plan for $601,376 in aid to West Cecil Health Center’s (WCHC). The funds provide support to improve physical infrastructure, prevent, mitigate, and respond to COVID-19 and increase access to care.
The plan allocates funds to:
- Purchase a medical outreach van to travel to community events and partner with community organizations to offer essential health screening services, vaccination, testing and oral health.
- Complete minor alterations and renovations to improve patient/employee safety and workflow in several key areas in WCHC facilities.
- Fund architectural design and planning services for minor alterations and renovations.
- Update and repair HVAC for improved reliability, efficiency and airflow.
- Convert underutilized areas within existing facilities into more functional employee workspaces.
- Replace and modernize furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Complete a variety of maintenance projects to the interior and exterior of WCHC facilities.
“We are grateful for funding support to offset needed capital expenses at our facilities. The improvements will enhance safety for our patients and employees through COVID and beyond and improve internal workflows to ensure a positive experience for all,” comments John Ness, President & CEO of WCHC. “I am also very excited about the opportunities the mobile medical outreach van will provide to reach more people in our communities.”
HRSA distributes $6,076,842,229 in funding to 1,376 community health centers that serve vulnerable and underserved populations under the American Rescue Plan Act. An individual listing of funding awards is available from HRSA.
West Cecil Health Center (WCHC) provides high-quality, compassionate, and comprehensive healthcare services for the entire family at two locations: Conowingo and Havre de Grace. We serve as a one-stop destination for a range of services, including primary care, behavioral health, laboratory, pharmacy, and dentistry. Our patient-focused, collaborative approach focuses on whole health and empowers patients to establish healthy lifestyles. As a nonprofit, community-driven organization, we offer a sliding fee discount to ensure affordable care for all residents in Cecil, Harford and nearby counties in Maryland and Pennsylvania.