West Cecil Health Center receives approval on a $1.9 million spending plan
Funding improves healthcare services in Cecil and Harford counties
(Conowingo, Md.) The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) approves West Cecil Health Center’s (WCHC) two-year spending plan for $1.9 million in aid to support preventative care, increase operational capacity, enhance healthcare services and continue to prevent, mitigate, and respond to COVID-19.
The WCHC spending plan will focus on the following:
- Continue COVID-19 treatment, testing and vaccination services.
- Increase staff to continue to provide excellent care to patients.
- Assess and adjust compensation and benefits to attract candidates and be competitive with other employers in the area.
- Recruit additional medical and behavioral health providers along with clinical support staff to serve more patients.
- Hire a Human Resources position to aid efforts in recruitment and retention.
- Increase training and support to help staff navigate stressful and uncertain situations caused by the pandemic.
- Update the IT infrastructure to maintain reliable and secure operations to support remote working and virtual healthcare, e.g., telehealth.
- Implement a new population health platform and a data analyst position to provide insights into the population we serve and provide optimal care and resources for better health outcomes.
- Add virtual scribe services to assist medical providers with documentation to reduce burnout and free up time to focus on patients.
“We are thankful for the additional funding support to offset the unexpected increase in operational costs and staffing challenges we have faced during the pandemic,” remarks John Ness, President & CEO of WCHC. “Our team is committed to fulfilling our mission to increase access to comprehensive healthcare services and improve the health status of ALL members of the community.”
HRSA will distribute $6,076,842,229 to 1,376 community health centers that serve vulnerable and underserved populations under the American Rescue Plan Act. An individual listing of funding awards is available from HRSA.
West Cecil Health Center (WCHC) provides high-quality, compassionate, and comprehensive healthcare services for the entire family at two locations: Conowingo and Havre de Grace. We serve as a one-stop destination for a range of services, including primary care, behavioral health, laboratory, pharmacy, and dentistry. Our patient-focused, collaborative approach focuses on whole health and empowers patients to establish healthy lifestyles. As a nonprofit, community-driven organization, we offer a sliding fee discount to ensure affordable care for all residents in Cecil, Harford and nearby counties in Maryland and Pennsylvania.